Safety is at the forefront of everything we do here at Spree. It is our responsibility that our workplace is safe and healthy for everyone involved. This commitment also extends to all aspects of our organisations’ operations, ensuring that we always maintain a working environment free from injury, illness or property damage.
Health & safety within the workplace is a vital factor in the planning and implementation of any project Spree is involved in. We are strongly committed to protecting the health, safety and well being of our employees and those affected by our work activities. Our safety committee meets on a quarterly basis to discuss operational safety requirements and to brainstorm how we can improve our methods to ensure both heath and safety.
Promoting and maintaining good OH&S is a collective responsibility of our management and service staff alike. We conduct programmed performance reviews on a regular basis that include revision and training in workplace health and safety, to ensure that everyone remains mindful of risks and responsibilities whilst at work.
Our OH&S priorities include:
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, systems of work, and entry and exit from the workplace.
- Providing and monitoring arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of all substances and materials.
- At all times maintaining the workplace in a safe and healthy condition.
- Providing adequate facilities to protect the welfare of all employees.
- Supplying employees, contractors and customers with regular information, instructions, training and supervision to ensure safety.
- Maintaining information and records relating to employees health and safety.